Reiner Steib writes: > On Sat, Oct 08 2005, Adam Duck wrote: > >> Hmm, [...] I see the blank lines. > > Thanks. I found that my settings are causing this: > > (setq > gnus-treat-strip-leading-blank-lines t > gnus-treat-strip-trailing-blank-lines t) Fascinating! I have had a similar issue involving gnus-treat-strip-trailing-blank-lines. I haven't gotten to the bottom of it yet. If I have this: (setq gnus-treat-hide-signature t gnus-treat-strip-leading-blank-lines t gnus-treat-strip-multiple-blank-lines t gnus-treat-strip-trailing-blank-lines t) then I can't unhide the signatures of certain messages--most notably mail from majordomo. If I set gnus-treat-strip-trailing-blank-lines to nil, then everything works as expected. The problem only occurs when gnus-treat-strip-trailing-blank-lines is t before I read the article. I can't reproduce the problem by running gnus-article-remove-trailing-blank-lines from the Summary buffer. A sample majordomo message is attached. > I'll try, if the following is okay for me (usually I don't want to see > the leading/trailing blank lines): > > (setq > gnus-treat-strip-leading-blank-lines 'last > gnus-treat-strip-trailing-blank-lines gnus-treat-strip-leading-blank-lines) This doesn't help my situation.