* Random feature thought: "limit to thread"
@ 2004-10-28 15:04 David Z Maze
From: David Z Maze @ 2004-10-28 15:04 UTC (permalink / raw)

From the summary buffer, I can already type e.g. '/ a dmaze' to limit
the buffer to articles that I wrote.  WIBNI I could type '/ t a dmaze'
to limit the buffer to threads I participated in?  I think I'd expect
the semantics of '/ t ...' to be "limit to any thread containing any
article that '/ ...' would accept".

  --dzm

* Re: Random feature thought: "limit to thread"
@ 2004-10-30 12:44 ` Xavier Maillard
From: Xavier Maillard @ 2004-10-30 12:44 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 28 oct 2004, David Z. Maze wrote:

> From the summary buffer, I can already type e.g. '/ a dmaze' to
> limit the buffer to articles that I wrote. WIBNI I could type
> '/ t a dmaze' to limit the buffer to threads I participated in?
> I think I'd expect the semantics of '/ t ...' to be "limit to
> any thread containing any article that '/ ...' would accept".

Hmm what about : '/ T' ? The process would be then, '/ a dmaze'
and then '/ T'. I didn't try but from the docstring, it should do
what you ask for.

--
Xavier Maillard, zedek@gnu-rox.org

* Re: Random feature thought: "limit to thread"
@ 2004-10-31  0:55   ` Cristian Gutierrez
From: Cristian Gutierrez @ 2004-10-31  0:55 UTC (permalink / raw)

Xavier Maillard writes:
> On 28 oct 2004, David Z. Maze wrote:
>
>> From the summary buffer, I can already type e.g. '/ a dmaze' to
>> limit the buffer to articles that I wrote. WIBNI I could type
>> '/ t a dmaze' to limit the buffer to threads I participated in?
>> I think I'd expect the semantics of '/ t ...' to be "limit to
>> any thread containing any article that '/ ...' would accept".
>
> Hmm what about : '/ T' ? The process would be then, '/ a dmaze'
> and then '/ T'. I didn't try but from the docstring, it should do
> what you ask for.

For what I've tried, `/ a <regexp> M P b M-& / T' does just that, albeit
somewhat slowly.

--
Cristian Gutierrez			http://www.dcc.uchile.cl/~crgutier
crgutier[@]dcc.uchile.cl                        Jabber:crgutier@jabber.org

"Computers are like Old Testament gods; lots of rules and no mercy."
-- Joseph Campbell

* Re: Random feature thought: "limit to thread"
@ 2004-10-31 16:43 ` Dan Christensen
From: Dan Christensen @ 2004-10-31 16:43 UTC (permalink / raw)

David Z Maze <dmaze@MIT.EDU> writes:

> From the summary buffer, I can already type e.g. '/ a dmaze' to limit
> the buffer to articles that I wrote.  WIBNI I could type '/ t a dmaze'
> to limit the buffer to threads I participated in?

A related feature request, which is probably easier to implement (or
might already be done!):  I'd like to be able to limit to messages
either to or from a certain person, so I can read a conversation
in an e-mail group.

Dan