On Day 51 of The Aftermath 3168, Kai Großjohann wrote: > Martin Rohde writes: > >> If I get it right, you can almost take the code for that from >> nntp-send-command* and put it into nntp-open-connection. I will send >> a patch, if it works. > > That would be great! (I didn't see code for finding out if there is > an echoed command. Maybe I was just blind.) Well, nntp-send-command looks, if there's an echo, and then deletes it. I don't understand most of the code in nntp-open-connection, so I don't know if anything of this patch makes sense. And I don't know how to test it, because i don't know how to force such a local echo. What this code does, is to send a "MODE READER" as a No-Op command, when the connection is established (I think ;), and then it looks, just like in nntp-send-command, if the command is echoed in the server-buffer. If so, it deletes it and sets nntp-delete-echo to t for future reference (I hope).