* removing banners from subject line
@ 2001-02-13  6:36 James H. Cloos Jr.
From: James H. Cloos Jr. @ 2001-02-13  6:36 UTC (permalink / raw)

I thought there was something other than the banner group param for
this, but can't find it grep(1)ing through the docs & lisp....

What is the best way to get rid of the subject: banners?

Optimally I'd like to set the region on *Article* to the banner to be
removed and hit a key to set the params to do that for that group.

-JimC
--
James H. Cloos, Jr.  <http://jhcloos.com/public_key>     1024D/ED7DAEA6
<cloos@jhcloos.com>  E9E9 F828 61A4 6EA9 0F2B  63E7 997A 9F17 ED7D AEA6

* Re: removing banners from subject line
@ 2001-02-13  7:43 ` Thomas Weinbrenner
From: Thomas Weinbrenner @ 2001-02-13  7:43 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 13 Feb 2001, James H. Cloos, Jr. spake thusly:
> I thought there was something other than the banner group param for
> this, but can't find it grep(1)ing through the docs & lisp....
>
> What is the best way to get rid of the subject: banners?

(setq gnus-treat-strip-list-identifiers 'head)
(setq gnus-list-identifiers "\\[Banner\\]")

--
Thomas Weinbrenner

* Re: removing banners from subject line
@ 2001-02-13 16:50 ` Steven E. Harris
From: Steven E. Harris @ 2001-02-13 16:50 UTC (permalink / raw)

"James H. Cloos Jr." <cloos@jhcloos.com> writes:

> What is the best way to get rid of the subject: banners?

If you have procmail available, you can also use that to strip the
banners before Gnus even sees the messages. Let me know if you'd like
help crafting a procmail recipe.

--
Steven E. Harris        :: steven.harris@tenzing.com
Tenzing                 :: http://www.tenzing.com