From: Dan Christensen <jdc@jhu.edu>
Cc: Kaspar Landsberg <kl@snafu.de>
Subject: Re: "Window height 0 too small (after splitting)"
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 1999 22:30:00 -0400	[thread overview]

> Try setting $LANG to "C". AFAIK its a bug in the locale
> management. At least this was the solution which often helped.

> In fact XEmacs 20.4 seems to have problems with locale settings
> other than english. In my case the following settings successfully removed the problem
> (thanks to Werner Fink from SuSE):
>
>                           unset LANG
>                           export LC_TIME="POSIX"
>                           export LC_NUMERIC="POSIX"
>                           export LC_MESSAGES="POSIX"

> Then i tried POSIX:
>
> kl@kl:~ > export LANG=""
> kl@kl:~ > export LC_CTYPE="POSIX"
> kl@kl:~ > export LC_NUMERIC="POSIX"
> kl@kl:~ > export LC_TIME="POSIX"
> kl@kl:~ > export LC_COLLATE="POSIX"
> kl@kl:~ > export LC_MONETARY="POSIX"
> kl@kl:~ > export LC_MESSAGES="POSIX"
> kl@kl:~ > xemacs

I don't think what you tried corresponds to what was suggested.
Try either

  export LANG="C"

or

  unset LANG

Setting LANG to "" is probably different from the second one.

(I know nothing about this problem, except to have noticed that
the suggestions you posted weren't the same as what you tried.)

Dan

--
Dan Christensen
jdc@math.jhu.edu