* could the agent handle the orphan score rule?
@ 1999-06-14 15:35 Dan Christensen
From: Dan Christensen @ 1999-06-14 15:35 UTC (permalink / raw)

In very high volume groups, I use the score rule (orphan -1) to reduce
the score of articles if the root of the thread is not around, and I
expunge articles with a negative score.  That way I see each thread
once, and can choose to raise the score if I want to see further
articles.  It would be great if the agent would not bother downloading
such articles.  I don't think this score rule requires anything other
than the headers the agent has access to.  Would it be possible to
have the agent handle this score rule?

Dan

--
Dan Christensen
jdc@math.jhu.edu

* Re: could the agent handle the orphan score rule?
@ 1999-07-03  8:44 ` Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 1999-07-03  8:44 UTC (permalink / raw)

Dan Christensen <jdc@jhu.edu> writes:

> In very high volume groups, I use the score rule (orphan -1) to reduce
> the score of articles if the root of the thread is not around, and I
> expunge articles with a negative score.  That way I see each thread
> once, and can choose to raise the score if I want to see further
> articles.  It would be great if the agent would not bother downloading
> such articles.  I don't think this score rule requires anything other
> than the headers the agent has access to.  Would it be possible to
> have the agent handle this score rule?

I've now added this to the todo list.