* sending email with markup, only html?
@ 2022-04-18  7:00 Uwe Brauer
From: Uwe Brauer @ 2022-04-18  7:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Hi

Is currently org-mime, that htmlises my message the only way to send email that contains simple formatting like *this* for bold etc?
enriched-mode seems not to produce anything useful (at least nothing that can be read my other mail programs)

Regards

Uwe Brauer
--
I strongly condemn Putin's war of aggression against the Ukraine.
I support the ban of Russia from SWIFT.

* Re: sending email with markup, only html?
@ 2022-04-18  7:21 ` Gijs Hillenius
From: Gijs Hillenius @ 2022-04-18  7:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

On 18 April 2022 09:00 Uwe Brauer, wrote:

> Hi
>
> Is currently org-mime, that htmlises my message the only way to send email that contains simple formatting like *this* for bold etc?
> enriched-mode seems not to produce anything useful (at least nothing that can be read my other mail programs)

org-msg ? or is that too much?

https://github.com/jeremy-compostella/org-msg

* Re: sending email with markup, only html?
@ 2022-04-18 14:14 ` Eric S Fraga
From: Eric S Fraga @ 2022-04-18 14:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Dear Uwe,

> Is currently org-mime, that htmlises my message the only way to send
> email that contains simple formatting like *this* for bold etc?

I know of no standard that is supported by any or most MUAs other than
HTML unfortunately.  Gnus, obviously, does handle some org-isms,
including your use of *bold* notation.

--
Eric S Fraga with org 9.5.2 in Emacs 29.0.50 on Debian 11.3

* Re: sending email with markup, only html?
@ 2022-04-18 19:43   ` Uwe Brauer
From: Uwe Brauer @ 2022-04-18 19:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

>>> "ESF" == Eric S Fraga <e.fraga@ucl.ac.uk> writes:

> Dear Uwe,
>> Is currently org-mime, that htmlises my message the only way to send
>> email that contains simple formatting like *this* for bold etc?

> I know of no standard that is supported by any or most MUAs other than
> HTML unfortunately.  Gnus, obviously, does handle some org-isms,
> including your use of *bold* notation.

Ok, I see that was my feeling. Thanks

Uwe
--
I strongly condemn Putin's war of aggression against the Ukraine.
I support the ban of Russia from SWIFT.
I support the EU membership of the Ukraine.

[-- Attachment #2: smime.p7s --]

* Re: sending email with markup, only html?
@ 2022-04-18 19:47   ` Uwe Brauer
From: Uwe Brauer @ 2022-04-18 19:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding