* problems with gnus-posting-styles: groups.
@ 2012-05-14  8:03 Uwe Brauer
From: Uwe Brauer @ 2012-05-14  8:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Hello

I tried to change my gnus-posting-style setting, the
following works as expected.

      gnus-posting-styles
      '(((header "To" "oub@mat.ucm.es")
	 (name "Uwe Brauer")
         (address "oub@mat.ucm.es")
	 ("Reply-To" "Uwe Brauer <oub@mat.ucm.es>"))
	((header "To" "oub.oub.oub@gmail.com")
	 (name "Uwe Brauer")
         (address "oub.oub.oub@gmail.com")
	 ("Reply-To" "Uwe Brauer <oub.oub.oub@gmail.com>"))

however I now consider it better to change name, address and
reply to according to the group I am in, not according to the "To" headers.

So I tried

(setq gnus-posting-styles
 '(("nnimap+gmail:INBOX" (address "oub.oub.oub@gmail.com"))))

And "nnimap+gmail:INBOX" is the name of the group in
question as (describe-variable 'gnus-newsgroup-name) found
out. But the setting did not work out as expected the header
looked like

,----
| From: Uwe Brauer <oub@mat.ucm.es>
| Gcc: nnml+archive:sent-mail
| --text follows this line--
`----

I also tried "nnimap+gmail*" but it did not help.
What do I miss?

Thanks

Uwe Brauer

* Re: problems with gnus-posting-styles: groups.
@ 2012-05-14  8:39 ` Tassilo Horn
From: Tassilo Horn @ 2012-05-14  8:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Uwe Brauer; +Cc: ding

Uwe Brauer <oub@mat.ucm.es> writes:

Hi Uwe,

> So I tried
>
> (setq gnus-posting-styles
>  '(("nnimap+gmail:INBOX" (address "oub.oub.oub@gmail.com"))))
       ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

That's interpreted as a regexp, so it would match nnimapgmail,
nnimappgmail, nnimapppgmail, etc.  So you want

  (setq gnus-posting-styles
        '(("nnimap\\+gmail:INBOX"
           (address "oub.oub.oub@gmail.com"))))

Bye,
Tassilo

* Re: problems with gnus-posting-styles: groups.
@ 2012-05-14 11:20   ` Uwe Brauer
From: Uwe Brauer @ 2012-05-14 11:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Tassilo Horn; +Cc: ding

>> On Mon, 14 May 2012 10:39:18 +0200, Tassilo Horn <tassilo@member.fsf.org> wrote:

   > Uwe Brauer <oub@mat.ucm.es> writes:
   > Hi Uwe,
Hi Tassilo,

   >> So I tried
   >>
   >> (setq gnus-posting-styles
   >> '(("nnimap+gmail:INBOX" (address "oub.oub.oub@gmail.com"))))

   > That's interpreted as a regexp, so it would match nnimapgmail,
   > nnimappgmail, nnimapppgmail, etc.  So you want
right. Why didn't realize that :'(

   >   (setq gnus-posting-styles
   >         '(("nnimap\\+gmail:INBOX"
   >            (address "oub.oub.oub@gmail.com"))))