* I can no longer see my mail!
@ 2012-04-16  9:59 Denys Duchier
From: Denys Duchier @ 2012-04-16  9:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

In my primary mailbox (nnml), I have thousands of mail messages.
starting yesterday, only mails from 2 years ago are visible, eventhough
all newer mail is present on disk.

1. I tried regenarating the .overview, to no effect
2. I moved the visible mail to a sub mailbox. now gnus claims that I still
   have 4363 messages is my main mailbox, but when I try to enter it, it
   says "Can't select group".  there are close to 7600 messages in that
   mailbox on disk.

I swear I haven't changed anything in my setup.  Can anyone help me
figure out the problem?

Cheers,

--Denys
PS: please answer on list (since my primary mailbox is not cooperating)

* Re: I can no longer see my mail!
@ 2012-04-16 14:51 ` Denys Duchier
From: Denys Duchier @ 2012-04-16 14:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Denys Duchier <denys.duchier@univ-orleans.fr> writes:

> In my primary mailbox (nnml), I have thousands of mail messages.
> starting yesterday, only mails from 2 years ago are visible, eventhough
> all newer mail is present on disk.

I found what was causing the problem: for some reason, the unexist range
associated with the mailbox had been set to a range way beyond the
actual range (like 30000 beyond).  After killing that range, I was able
to see my mail again, but I seem to have lost some information about
e.g. read articles.

What could possibly have caused the unexist range to be so strangely
corrupted?

Cheers,

--Denys

* Re: I can no longer see my mail!
@ 2012-04-16 15:26   ` Denys Duchier
From: Denys Duchier @ 2012-04-16 15:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Denys Duchier <denys.duchier@univ-orleans.fr> writes:

> I found what was causing the problem: for some reason, the unexist range
> associated with the mailbox had been set to a range way beyond the
> actual range (like 30000 beyond).  After killing that range, I was able
> to see my mail again, but I seem to have lost some information about
> e.g. read articles.

the unexist range is corrupted again (unexist (21081 . 72688)) when the
largest index on disk in that folder is 40558.  This is driving me nuts!

--Denys

* Re: I can no longer see my mail!
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 2012-06-10 20:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Denys Duchier; +Cc: ding

Denys Duchier <denys.duchier@univ-orleans.fr> writes:

> the unexist range is corrupted again (unexist (21081 . 72688)) when the
> largest index on disk in that folder is 40558.  This is driving me nuts!

Odd.  Are the groups covered by the Agent?