* display mime-part inline
@ 2012-02-09 15:13 Peter Münster
From: Peter Münster @ 2012-02-09 15:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Hello,

Sometimes, I want to display a pdf or ms-word document inline in the
article buffer, even with running X11.

For ms-word, these are my .mailcap entries:

application/msword;             ooffice %s; test=test -n "$DISPLAY"
application/msword;             doc2txt.sh %s; copiousoutput

When pressing "RET", Gnus uses the first entry to display the
attachment. With "v", I can select "doc2txt.sh %s" and the message
"Displaying doc2txt.sh /tmp/xxxxx...done" appears, but no text in the
article buffer...

Now, I use a workaround:
- comment first line in .mailcap
- run `mailcap-parse-mailcaps'
- uncomment first line in .mailcap
- press "RET" to display the attachment inline

Is there an easier way?

TIA for any help,
--
           Peter

* Re: display mime-part inline
@ 2012-02-09 21:26 ` Lars Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Ingebrigtsen @ 2012-02-09 21:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Peter Münster; +Cc: ding

Peter Münster <pmlists@free.fr> writes:

> application/msword;             doc2txt.sh %s; copiousoutput

Yeah, that's not very optimal.  I've now changed this in Ma Gnus to
insert whatever the command output into the article buffer.

  http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no  *  Sent from my Rome