* ignoring colours in html view
@ 2011-12-09 16:46 Eric S Fraga
From: Eric S Fraga @ 2011-12-09 16:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Hello,

Is there any way to turn off styling (fonts, colours) for the html view
provided by gnus v0.18?  I don't see any way from looking at the code
but maybe I missed something?

In general I would be happy with all formatting except tables turned
off...  but maybe that just me.

Alternatively, but less attractive, what's the easiest way to use
links/links2/w3m to display a text version of an html alternative in
gnus?  I would be happy with the output of

  links -dump -html-numbered-links 1

or

  w3m -dump -o display_link_number=t

I guess I'm not up to speed with all the mm- functions... :(

Thanks,
eric

--
: Eric S Fraga (GnuPG: 0xC89193D8FFFCF67D) in Emacs 24.0.92.1 + No Gnus v0.18

* Re: ignoring colours in html view
@ 2011-12-09 17:01 ` Adam Sjøgren
From: Adam Sjøgren @ 2011-12-09 17:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

On Fri, 09 Dec 2011 16:46:29 +0000, Eric wrote:

> Alternatively, but less attractive, what's the easiest way to use
> links/links2/w3m to display a text version of an html alternative in
> gnus?

Maybe setting mm-text-html-renderer will do the trick?

,----[ C-h v mm-text-html-renderer RET ]
| mm-text-html-renderer is a variable defined in `mm-decode.el'.
| Its value is shr
|
| Documentation:
| Render of HTML contents.
| It is one of defined renderer types, or a rendering function.
| The defined renderer types are:
| `shr': use the built-in Gnus HTML renderer;
| `gnus-w3m': use Gnus renderer based on w3m;
| `w3m': use emacs-w3m;
| `w3m-standalone': use plain w3m;
| `links': use links;
| `lynx': use lynx;
| `w3': use Emacs/W3;
| `html2text': use html2text;
| nil    : use external viewer (default web browser).
:
`----

  Best regards,

    Adam

--
 "Angels can fly because they take themselves lightly."       Adam Sjøgren
                                                         asjo@koldfront.dk

* Re: ignoring colours in html view
@ 2011-12-12 11:34   ` Eric S Fraga
From: Eric S Fraga @ 2011-12-12 11:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

> On Fri, 09 Dec 2011 16:46:29 +0000, Eric wrote:
>
>> Alternatively, but less attractive, what's the easiest way to use
>> links/links2/w3m to display a text version of an html alternative in
>> gnus?
>
> Maybe setting mm-text-html-renderer will do the trick?

Indeed!  Many thanks for this.  <blush> I should have been able to find
this myself.  Sigh.  </blush>

Setting this to gnus-w3m works very nicely for my needs.

Thanks again,
eric

--
: Eric S Fraga (GnuPG: 0xC89193D8FFFCF67D) in Emacs 24.0.90.1 + No Gnus v0.18

* Re: ignoring colours in html view
@ 2011-12-12 18:08     ` Adam Sjøgren
From: Adam Sjøgren @ 2011-12-12 18:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

On Mon, 12 Dec 2011 11:34:13 +0000, Eric wrote:

> asjo@koldfront.dk (Adam Sjøgren) writes:

>> Maybe setting mm-text-html-renderer will do the trick?

> Indeed!  Many thanks for this.  <blush> I should have been able to find
> this myself.  Sigh.  </blush>

I looked it up in my .gnus (good thing I never delete stuff, only
comment out), so I was cheating :-)

> Setting this to gnus-w3m works very nicely for my needs.

Super!

  Best regards,

    Adam