* I dont want gnus to copy gmail to my local machine
@ 2011-05-07  8:01 Terrence Brannon
From: Terrence Brannon @ 2011-05-07  8:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Is there a way to read gmail via imap but not copy the mail to my local machine?

* Re: I dont want gnus to copy gmail to my local machine
@ 2011-05-07 19:56 ` Daniel Dehennin
From: Daniel Dehennin @ 2011-05-07 19:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Terrence Brannon <schemelab@gmail.com> writes:

> Is there a way to read gmail via imap but not copy the mail to my
> local machine?

You can use imap mail-sources with an nnml gnus-select-method, I use
this at work.

Regards.
--
Daniel Dehennin
Récupérer ma clef GPG:

* Re: I dont want gnus to copy gmail to my local machine
@ 2011-05-07 23:11 ` Eric S Fraga
From: Eric S Fraga @ 2011-05-07 23:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Terrence Brannon <schemelab@gmail.com> writes:

> Is there a way to read gmail via imap but not copy the mail to my
> local machine?

I am confused.  This is the default behaviour.  The point of imap is
that the emails remain on the server and all manipulations are on the
server.

This behaviour can be changed by using the gnus agent to download copies
but I do not believe this happens by default.

Or are you referring to the cache that gnus uses?  If it's the latter,
check out =gnus-cacheable-groups= and maybe some of the gnus-cache-
variables.

--
: Eric S Fraga (GnuPG: 0xC89193D8FFFCF67D) in Emacs 24.0.50.1 + No Gnus v0.18