Hobbit writes: > If you look at mml-generate-mime-1 at mml.el.gz, you'll see this code: > > (if (and (not raw) > (member (car (split-string type "/")) '("text" "message"))) > (progn > > When attachment is text file all this black magic after `progn' starts > to work. Question arises: why not just grab a text, encode it into > base64 and put into a message? It's a good question, and I don't know. I've Cc'd this message to the Gnus development list -- perhaps someone there knows? (The issue is that the user inserts the following MIME part: