* unable to select IMAP mailbox
@ 2010-02-28  1:21 Taylor Venable
From: Taylor Venable @ 2010-02-28  1:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Hello, I'm having trouble accessing an IMAP mailbox.  Whenever I try
to select it, I'm asked how many articles to get, and no matter how
many I ask for it comes back and says "No unread news" and the group
is never selected.  There are no unread messages, but the same thing
happens whether I just press RET, SPC, or C-u SPC on the group.

I've found my experience to be the same as another person, but there
seemed to be no resolution on that matter:

http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.gnus.user/1602

I did try doing J u and that didn't make any difference.  My GNUS
configuration is available on my CVS server:

http://metasyntax.net/cgi-bin/cvsweb/Config/emacs_gnus.el

Only one of my mailboxes has this problem, the other one doesn't.  I'd
appreciate any ideas on how to fix this.  Thanks!

--
Taylor Venable
http://metasyntax.net/

* Re: unable to select IMAP mailbox
@ 2010-02-28  1:43 ` Taylor Venable
From: Taylor Venable @ 2010-02-28  1:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

On Sat, Feb 27, 2010 at 08:21:00PM -0500, Taylor Venable wrote:
> Hello, I'm having trouble accessing an IMAP mailbox.  Whenever I try
> to select it, I'm asked how many articles to get, and no matter how
> many I ask for it comes back and says "No unread news" and the group
> is never selected.  There are no unread messages, but the same thing
> happens whether I just press RET, SPC, or C-u SPC on the group.

I should have noted, I'm using GNU Emacs 23.1.92.1 with GNUS 5.13 on
GNU/Linux (Ubuntu) amd64.

--

@ 2010-03-02 13:42 ` Ted Zlatanov
From: Ted Zlatanov @ 2010-03-02 13:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

On Sat, 27 Feb 2010 20:21:00 -0500 Taylor Venable <taylor@metasyntax.net> wrote:

TV> Hello, I'm having trouble accessing an IMAP mailbox.  Whenever I try
TV> to select it, I'm asked how many articles to get, and no matter how
TV> many I ask for it comes back and says "No unread news" and the group
TV> is never selected.  There are no unread messages, but the same thing
TV> happens whether I just press RET, SPC, or C-u SPC on the group.
TV> Only one of my mailboxes has this problem, the other one doesn't.  I'd
TV> appreciate any ideas on how to fix this.  Thanks!

Can you see any difference between the two mailboxes, in name or content?

Enable imap-log and see what's in the buffer.  Does the server return
the right data?

Ted