* font display problem in Gnus(No Gnus v0.6)
@ 2007-05-29  4:41 ssSslang
From: ssSslang @ 2007-05-29  4:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Hi everyone, I found a problem when view a mail with attachment in Gnus.
The attachment is displayed as a button in mail buffer, and the text on
it is well before I move mouse pointer onto it. After that, the button
is highlighted, but the text over it has changed.

I had taken a screen capture to explain my words. If someone knows why,
please tell me, thanks.

[-- Attachment #2: gnus.avi --]
[-- Type: video/x-msvideo, Size: 78684 bytes --]

ssSslang

* Re: font display problem in Gnus(No Gnus v0.6)
@ 2007-05-30  3:17 ` Katsumi Yamaoka
From: Katsumi Yamaoka @ 2007-05-30  3:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ssSslang; +Cc: ding

> Hi everyone, I found a problem when view a mail with attachment in Gnus.
> The attachment is displayed as a button in mail buffer, and the text on
> it is well before I move mouse pointer onto it.

The face which is set to the variable `widget-button-face' is used
then.  The default value of the variable `widget-button-face' is
the face `widget-button'.  You can customize the appearance of
that face using `M-x customize-face RET widget-button RET' for
instance.

> After that, the button is highlighted, but the text over it has changed.

In this case, the face which is set to the variable
`widget-mouse-face' is used.   The default value is the face
`highlight'.  You can customize it as well.  Otherwise, you can
use your custom face as follows:

(eval-after-load "wid-edit"
  '(progn
     ;; I like the font used for the `widget-button' face.
     (copy-face 'widget-button 'my-highlight)
     (setq widget-mouse-face 'my-highlight)
     (set-face-background 'my-highlight "Yellow")
     (set-face-foreground 'my-highlight "Red")))

Regards,

* Re: font display problem in Gnus(No Gnus v0.6)
@ 2007-05-30  7:16   ` ssSslang
From: ssSslang @ 2007-05-30  7:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Katsumi Yamaoka; +Cc: ding

Katsumi Yamaoka <yamaoka@jpl.org> writes:

> In this case, the face which is set to the variable
> `widget-mouse-face' is used.   The default value is the face
> `highlight'.  You can customize it as well.  Otherwise, you can
> use your custom face as follows:
>
> (eval-after-load "wid-edit"
>   '(progn
>      ;; I like the font used for the `widget-button' face.
>      (copy-face 'widget-button 'my-highlight)
>      (setq widget-mouse-face 'my-highlight)
>      (set-face-background 'my-highlight "Yellow")
>      (set-face-foreground 'my-highlight "Red")))

It works, thank you :-)

--
ssSslang