* Migrating mail from MS Outlook to Gnus
@ 2005-08-31  9:51 Rodolfo Medina
From: Rodolfo Medina @ 2005-08-31  9:51 UTC (permalink / raw)

I migrated old mail from MS Outlook to gnus,
but gnus does not show the 'from' and the `subject' field in the summer buffer:
in their place, there is `nobody' and `none'. But within each message the
headers are visible: in fact in my .gnus.el I put the line:
(setq gnus-show-all-headers t)

. That's what I did:

* within Outlook, in a certain folder I did:
  edit > select all
  file > save as...
  , and saved the whole folder in the file `/path/to/newbie.txt';

* within gnus I did:
  `G f /path/to/newbie.txt'
  , so creating an nndoc group; then, within that group,
  `M P b'
  and
  `B r nnml'

. This way the old messages were imported to normal Gnus mail group hierarchy,
but in the Summary buffer, unlike all other messages, the imported ones do not
show the `from' and `subject'. If this problem remains, migrating old mail
into gnus can not be considered happily solved.
Is it possible to recover this, and how?

Any help will be highly appreciated.
Rodolfo

* Re: Migrating mail from MS Outlook to Gnus
@ 2005-09-14 13:30 ` Steinar Bang
From: Steinar Bang @ 2005-09-14 13:30 UTC (permalink / raw)

This probably isn't helpful in helping you recover the email, but if
the email is still available on the Exchange server, and that server
is configured to allow imap access, you can open your folders there as
nnimap groups, and copy from those groups into local nnml (or other
groups), or even nnimap group on other servers (requires a good
connection to both servers, and enough time).

* Re: Migrating mail from MS Outlook to Gnus
@ 2006-05-27  9:06 ` Rodolfo Medina
From: Rodolfo Medina @ 2006-05-27  9:06 UTC (permalink / raw)

Rodolfo Medina <romeomedina@libero.it> writes:

> I migrated old mail from MS Outlook to gnus,
> but gnus does not show the 'from' and the `subject' field in the
> summer buffer
>
> [...]
>
> Any help will be highly appreciated.

See: