* Migrating mail from MS Outlook to Gnus
@ 2005-08-31  9:51 Rodolfo Medina
From: Rodolfo Medina @ 2005-08-31  9:51 UTC (permalink / raw)

I migrated old mail from MS Outlook to gnus,
but gnus does not show the 'from' and the `subject' field in the summer buffer:
in their place, there is `nobody' and `none'. But within each message the
headers are visible: in fact in my .gnus.el I put the line:
(setq gnus-show-all-headers t)

. That's what I did:

* within Outlook, in a certain folder I did:
  edit > select all
  file > save as...
  , and saved the whole folder in the file `/path/to/newbie.txt';

* within gnus I did:
  `G f /path/to/newbie.txt'
  , so creating an nndoc group; then, within that group,
  `M P b'
  and
  `B r nnml'

. This way the old messages were imported to normal Gnus mail group hierarchy,
but in the Summary buffer, unlike all other messages, the imported ones do not
show the `from' and `subject'. If this problem remains, migrating old mail
into gnus can not be considered happily solved.
Is it possible to recover this, and how?

Any help will be highly appreciated.
Rodolfo