* how to search imap-mail?
@ 2005-10-19 11:03 Joakim Verona
From: Joakim Verona @ 2005-10-19 11:03 UTC (permalink / raw)

What is the best way to search mail in an nnimap backend from gnus?

I've found some options on google, but what is the lists opinion on
the best way?

--
Joakim Verona

* Re: how to search imap-mail?
@ 2005-10-19 11:21 ` Bjørn Mork
From: Bjørn Mork @ 2005-10-19 11:21 UTC (permalink / raw)

Joakim Verona <joakim@verona.se> writes:

> What is the best way to search mail in an nnimap backend from gnus?
>
> I've found some options on google, but what is the lists opinion on
> the best way?

Use nnir.  I have this in my ~/.gnus:

; nnir
(require 'nnir)
(setq nnir-mail-backend (nth 0 gnus-secondary-select-methods))
(setq nnir-search-engine 'imap)

I believe newer versions don't need the nnir-mail-backend
configuration, allowing them to search multiple nnimap backends.  I
use the version from the Debian stable gnus-bonus-el package.

Bjørn
--
You know, every Nicaraguan person is a weakling.