From: dmmcf@uiuc.edu (D. Michael McFarland)
Subject: Re: Mail on IMAP server not seen in Gnus
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2004 14:05:35 -0600	[thread overview]

Gaute B Strokkenes <biggaute@uwc.net> writes:

> On 11 feb 2004, dmmcf@uiuc.edu wrote:

>> Twice in the last few weeks I've gone looking for particular mails
>> and been unable to find them in Gnus, only to have mutt and Eudora
>> locate them with no trouble.

> Do they show up if you enter the group with "C-u RET" ?  Gnus doesn't
> show read messages by default.

No, they don't show up no matter what I do.  But thanks for your
reply.

As far as I can tell, new mail split into the group in question (by
procmail) is properly displayed.  I have a few ticked articles in that
group, and they behave normally.  Other mails from the same date _are_
accessible via C-u RET.  Ticking the problem mails on the server (in
mutt) does not make Gnus notice them.  Weird....

I use only manual expiry in this group, but quite a lot of that, and
lately I've been B DELing spam.  At first I thought maybe I'd gotten
careless and deleted the messages, but if other MUAs can work with
them, I'm inclined to think the problem lies in how I'm using gnus.

Michael