* Marks in summary lines
@ 2001-12-26  5:32 Arcady Genkin
From: Arcady Genkin @ 2001-12-26  5:32 UTC (permalink / raw)

Are the special marks in the summary buffer explained somewhere in the
docs?  I just tried looking for them and failed; I only found
documentation on how to customize the summary string.

I'd like to know what a dot "." means when it appears in a field
generated by "%R".

Thanks,
--
Arcady Genkin

* Re: Marks in summary lines
@ 2001-12-26 13:52 ` Simon Josefsson
From: Simon Josefsson @ 2001-12-26 13:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

Arcady Genkin <agenkin-dated-1010208488.3a1969@thpoon.com> writes:

> Are the special marks in the summary buffer explained somewhere in the
> docs?  I just tried looking for them and failed; I only found
> documentation on how to customize the summary string.

What strings did you use to search?  Maybe we can add those to the

> I'd like to know what a dot "." means when it appears in a field
> generated by "%R".

Summary Buffer -> Marking Articles -> Other Marks

* Re: Marks in summary lines
@ 2001-12-26 16:49   ` Arcady Genkin
From: Arcady Genkin @ 2001-12-26 16:49 UTC (permalink / raw)

> What strings did you use to search?  Maybe we can add those to the

I just browse around "Summary Buffer" menu item.

>> I'd like to know what a dot "." means when it appears in a field
>> generated by "%R".
>
> Summary Buffer -> Marking Articles -> Other Marks

Never reached "Marking Articles" (I thought that "Summary Buffer
Format" is where such thing will be explained), but it seems like it's
a problem with me, not the documentation.  Perhaps a link from
somewhere like "Summary Buffer Lines" page to "Other Marks" would not
hurt, though.

Thanks for the pointer,
--
Arcady Genkin

* Re: Marks in summary lines
@ 2001-12-26 18:14     ` Simon Josefsson
From: Simon Josefsson @ 2001-12-26 18:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

Arcady Genkin <agenkin-dated-1010249095.131f22@thpoon.com> writes:

>>> I'd like to know what a dot "." means when it appears in a field
>>> generated by "%R".
>>
>> Summary Buffer -> Marking Articles -> Other Marks
>
> Never reached "Marking Articles" (I thought that "Summary Buffer
> Format" is where such thing will be explained), but it seems like it's
> a problem with me, not the documentation.  Perhaps a link from
> somewhere like "Summary Buffer Lines" page to "Other Marks" would not
> hurt, though.

I added some links.