From: Robert Pluim <rpluim@gmail.com>
To: Bob Newell <bobnewell@bobnewell.net>
Cc: ding@gnus.org
Subject: Re: Space in Gcc name taken as list?
Date: Sat, 13 Nov 2021 10:31:15 +0100	[thread overview]

    Bob> Aloha,
    Bob> I have my gnus archive group set to

    Bob>    "nnimap+imap.gmail.com:[Gmail]/Sent Mail"

    Bob> and that works fine.

    Bob> However in gnus-alias-identity-alist I have the following
    Bob> entry.

    Bob>       ("jean"
    Bob>          nil
    Bob>          "Jean de LaFontaine <jeandelafontaine@bobnewell.net>"
    Bob>          "Avi Gobbler Publishing" ;; organization header
    Bob> 	 (("BCC" . "bobnewell@bobnewell.net")
    Bob> 	  ("GCC" . "nnimap+imap.gmail.com:[Gmail]/Sent Mail"))
    Bob>          nil ;; not \n
    Bob>          "~/data/elisp/.signaturejean"
    Bob>       )

    Bob> Through msmtp, the "jean" identity uses a different smtp
    Bob> account than most of the rest of my mail, so I want the GCC to
    Bob> get a copy back to my gmail Sent Mail folder.

    Bob> However what actually happens is that "Sent Mail" gets split
    Bob> into "Sent" and "Mail" and those groups ("labels" in gmail
    Bob> terms) get created on my gmail account, and copies of the
    Bob> message put in both of those groups instead of the intended
    Bob> "Sent Mail" group.

    Bob> I tried to find this in the gnus code but admittedly got
    Bob> pretty lost.

In gnus-inews-do-gcc:

	  (setq groups (message-unquote-tokens
			(message-tokenize-header gcc " ,\n\t")))

I think thatʼs a bug. The separator in mail headers is ',' (but Iʼd
allow '\n' here just for convenience).

gnus-summary-resend-message-insert-gcc splits on " ,", but then
inserts with ',' as a separator. I think I rest my case 😁.

Robert