From: David Engster <deng@randomsample.de>
To: ding@gnus.org
Subject: Re: SOLVED
Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2017 08:46:16 +0100	[thread overview]

Uwe Brauer writes:

>    > Hi
>    > as longer as I think about it: At least optionally the BCC field should
>    > be ignored in the reply even when calling followup.
>
>    > I look into the code, looks difficult to modify. Any ideas?
>
>    > Regards
>
>    > Uwe Brauer
>

> The following code does this

Be warned that this will not always work. The handling of Bcc is a chaos
and depends on the involved MUAs and MTAs. Some MTAs completely strip
the Bcc field, some don't. Some MUAs send a separate mail for the people
in the Bcc, so that at least they cannot do a reply all.

The best solution is to simply tell everyone to not use Bcc, but to do
separate mails instead, even if it is cumbersome.

What would be a good feature for Gnus is to better highlight if you
received this mail via To, CC or none of the above (like mailing lists
or Bcc). What actually happens quite often at my day job is that I merge
review requests that were only sent to me via CC...

-David