* display FROM based on BBDB
@ 2014-01-21 14:17 Uwe Brauer
From: Uwe Brauer @ 2014-01-21 14:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Hello

I just found out about
http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs-se/BbdbAndGnusAuthorNames
in which it is described how gnus displays the from field based on the
Author entry in BBDB.

There seems to be to possibilities

    - adding %uB  to the  gnus-summary-line-format

    -  or using the functions the author described.

None worked for me.

My gnus-summary-line-format is
%U%R%z%I%N %(%[ %-10,10n%]%) %-10,10~(form (rfc2047-decode-string (gnus-extra-header 'To)))@  [%-25,25s%] %D %k %L

I tried to add %uB which seems to do what I want, at least partially but
adds and unwanted + in front of the authors BBDB name.

I tried out
%U%R%z%I%N %(%[ %-10,10%uB%]%) %-10,10~(form (rfc2047-decode-string (gnus-extra-header 'To)))@  [%-25,25s%] %D %k %L

The code which is published in emacswiki does not work for since emacs
complains about the  use of string= which only allows 2 arguments but the
author seems to have used 4.

Does anybody use  %uB and if so how?

thanks

Uwe Brauer

only message in thread, other threads:[~2014-01-21 14:17 UTC | newest]