* top2button posting sytle?
@ 2012-10-11 20:15 Uwe Brauer
From: Uwe Brauer @ 2012-10-11 20:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Hello

I just learnt about the C program
top2button
which allows to convert top posting style to button post
style.
(It is cumbersome you have to save the message as file and
apply the program.

Does anybody about a similar functionality in lisp?

Either to apply it to a message after hitting reply or using
the idea of
article-treat-whatsoever.

Thanks

Uwe Brauer

* Re: top2button posting sytle?
@ 2012-10-11 20:52 ` Reiner Steib
From: Reiner Steib @ 2012-10-11 20:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

On Thu, Oct 11 2012, Uwe Brauer wrote:

> I just learnt about the C program top2button which allows to convert
> top posting style to button post style.
[...]

,----[ (info "(gnus)Article Washing") ]
| `W Y f'
|      Full deuglify of broken Outlook (Express) articles: Treat
|      dumbquotes, unwrap lines, repair attribution and rearrange
|      citation.  (`gnus-article-outlook-deuglify-article').
|
| `W Y u'
|      Unwrap lines that appear to be wrapped citation lines.  You can
|      control what lines will be unwrapped by frobbing
|      `gnus-outlook-deuglify-unwrap-min' and
|      `gnus-outlook-deuglify-unwrap-max', indicating the minimum and
|      maximum length of an unwrapped citation line.
|      (`gnus-article-outlook-unwrap-lines').
|
| `W Y a'
|      Repair a broken attribution line.
|      (`gnus-article-outlook-repair-attribution').
|
| `W Y c'
|      Repair broken citations by rearranging the text.
|      (`gnus-article-outlook-rearrange-citation').
`----

Bye, Reiner.
--
       ,,,
      (o o)

* Re: top2button posting sytle?
@ 2012-10-11 21:03   ` Uwe Brauer
From: Uwe Brauer @ 2012-10-11 21:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

>> On Thu, 11 Oct 2012 22:52:27 +0200, Reiner Steib
>> <reinersteib+gmane@imap.cc> wrote:

   > ,----[ (info "(gnus)Article Washing") ]
   > | `W Y f'
   > |      Full deuglify of broken Outlook (Express) articles: Treat
   > |      dumbquotes, unwrap lines, repair attribution and rearrange
   > |      citation.  (`gnus-article-outlook-deuglify-article').
   > |
   > | `W Y u'
   > |      Unwrap lines that appear to be wrapped citation lines.  You can
   > |      control what lines will be unwrapped by frobbing
   > |      `gnus-outlook-deuglify-unwrap-min' and
   > |      `gnus-outlook-deuglify-unwrap-max', indicating the minimum and
   > |      maximum length of an unwrapped citation line.
   > |      (`gnus-article-outlook-unwrap-lines').
   > |
   > | `W Y a'
   > |      Repair a broken attribution line.
   > |      (`gnus-article-outlook-repair-attribution').
   > |
   > | `W Y c'
   > |      Repair broken citations by rearranging the text.
   > |      (`gnus-article-outlook-rearrange-citation').
   > `----

Cool, thanks last time I looked into the washing functions, this
was not there, but it is also ages ago. It is not perfect,
but this has to do with people forwarding emails, using
outlook using apple mail etc.

I just wrote up a trivial function transpose-page which help
to repair severe damaged mail, but only in the reply buffer.

Uwe