asjo@koldfront.dk (Adam Sjøgren) writes: > On Mon, 26 Sep 2011 11:10:36 +0200, Julien wrote: > >> Since switching from Gnus 5.13 to Nognus 0.18, charsets are often not >> decoded in the articles I receive: accented characters are displayed as >> "\351" for "é" for example. W-M-c fixes it (gnus-article-decode-charset) >> but I'd like to automate the process. I tried : >> ,---- >> | (add-hook 'gnus-Article-prepare-hook 'gnus-article-decode-charset) > ^ > If that uppercase A isn't just a typo in your > article, I think that might be why your workaround didn't work. It wasn't a typo... I had copied the hook name from a web page. The hook works now with ,---- | (add-hook 'gnus-Article-prepare-hook 'gnus-article-decode-charset) `---- but it's not a satisfying solution : I noticed that I loose the ability to click on buttons for attachments, the fontifying of citations and so on... >> What could I do ? And what did change in Gnus to cause this ? > > If you could provide an example of an article where it happens, other > people could try and reproduce the problem, and that might shed some > light on it. Here is an example of such an article, attached as a text file (I removed some headers). Let me know if some other headers are needed and if there is a better way to attach the file. Best Regards, Julien.