* Re: Lost emails in Gmail
       [not found] <86sjntucmd.fsf@googlemail.com>
@ 2011-09-19  7:55 ` Eric S Fraga
From: Eric S Fraga @ 2011-09-19  7:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Thorsten <quintfall@googlemail.com> writes:

> Hi List,
>
> as a long term gmail user, I switched from the gmail-webinterface to
> gnus a few month ago. Now, for the second time, I noticed that some
> conversations that I remember exactly and wanted to continue, are
> lost. I couldn' find them in gnus anymore, and using the web-interface
> did not help - the emails seems to have disappeared from the server.
> That never happened to me before using gnus (imap) with gmail.  Is that
> a known problem related to gnus? Does it happen to others too? Why does
> that happen, and is there anything that can be done against it?

Which folder(s) do you access on gmail?  Have you looked at the [All
Mail] folder which includes the archived messages?  How did you search
on the web interface?

I've been using gmail for a long time, directly or with gnus, and
haven't had a problem (yet)...  I do expire my messages from the INBOX
but they remain in the all mail folder.

--
: Eric S Fraga (GnuPG: 0xC89193D8FFFCF67D) in Emacs 24.0.50.1 + No Gnus v0.18

only message in thread, other threads:[~2011-09-19  7:55 UTC | newest]