On Thu, Jan 20 2011, Ted Zlatanov wrote: > That's cool. We should publicize it more, it's extremely useful, Isn't it! :) > especially if it takes off and other MUAs support it, and such bells and > whistles are always popular with the Gnus users. Can you explain more, > with examples for other languages (and how to add more if they are > missing)? Well, the block is extracted by Gnus and displayed inline as an org-mode buffer (see commit 2d2f709ab067c5688f325fc64c618988ed6fd178 for implementation detail, it's really simple). The font lock is then done by org-mode itself with the help of Babel[1]. Note that attaching file inline (or making them rendered inline with `K i') is now also supported by Gnus if the file has a correct content-type. I've added for example shell script colorization with commit 6242139e39fe923bf469377ed1d64487c900d0eb. You just have to copy/paste this for other language you usually find in attached file. This should be fontified: