From: Andrew Cohen <cohen@andy.bu.edu>
To: ding@gnus.org
Subject: Re: deleting articles from search groups?
Date: Wed, 08 Dec 2010 14:32:22 -0500	[thread overview]

    >> the >> nnir group upon summary-buffer exit.
    >>
    Lars> But this is only called with the "E"-marked articles.  I guess
    Lars> if the user sets the "E" mark on nnir articles, they probably
    Lars> know that it's in danger of being deleted.  But I don't think
    Lars> anybody will do that, really...
    >>
    >> OK, I've been living with this for a week and haven't had
    >> anything really bad happen. So I've pushed this. Let me know if
    >> anything goes wrong.

    Dan> It just occurred to me that some people use group parameters to
    Dan> have different expiry-wait periods for different groups.  Will
    Dan> this above cause articles to expire based on the expiry-wait
    Dan> for the original group or whatever expiry-wait applies to the
    Dan> nnir group (probably the default global value)?

The addition of nnir-request-expire-articles is that now the 'nnir group
articles are put through the expiry process. This is unconnected with
properties of the articles in their original group. And since articles
in 'nnir summary buffers are not going to be marked expirable, no expiry
should happen. Except for explicit deletion which just asks for
particular articles to be deleted, not run through the whole expiry
process.