* advising gnus - a report from the front lines
@ 2008-05-22  8:37 Paul Collins
From: Paul Collins @ 2008-05-22  8:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

I recently added the following piece of advice:

    (defadvice gnus (before gnus-homedir-advice activate)
       (cd (expand-file-name "~/")))

This is so that subprocesses started by Gnus (e.g. my IMAP wossname)
don't end up with a network directory as their cwd.  However, advising
the `gnus' function makes its check for compiled-ness trip, which is
annoying since I habitually recall *Group* with `M-x gnus RET'.  I've
removed the check from my local copy, but it might be nice to fix it in
Gnus so that it doesn't trip others up.

--
Paul Collins
Wellington, New Zealand

Dag vijandelijk luchtschip de huismeester is dood