* Two questions regarding use of agent
@ 2007-09-01 14:12 Elias Oltmanns
From: Elias Oltmanns @ 2007-09-01 14:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Hi all,

sending a message in unplugged mode sets the date header of the message
and apparently it is not updated when the message is actually sent,
i.e., when I press J S after changing into the plugged mode. Is this
what an mua is supposed to do or is it merely a design decision taken by
the Gnus developers? In the latter case, does the user have the option
to change this behaviour? I think I'd rather have the Date header of my
messages reflect the time when they leave my system instead of the time
when I have finished composing them.

The second issue is this: When I enter a group of an agentised server in
plugged state, the agent fetches the headers of all unread articles so
they are still available once I have switched back to unplugged
operation. Is there a simple way to fetch *just* the headers of all
unread articles in one or several groups without entering each of them
manually? Of course, I could write a lisp function that performs exactly
the same steps I would use to enter each group in turn and leave it
right afterwards, but prehaps there is a more elegant solution.

I'm running gnus trunk as of 2007-06-27.

Thanks for your advice,

Elias

only message in thread, other threads:[~2007-09-01 14:12 UTC | newest]