* notification of message via gnus?
@ 2006-05-22 14:10 Uwe Brauer
From: Uwe Brauer @ 2006-05-22 14:10 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello

I did not know, up to now,  that gnus inserts a
Disposition-Notification-To: field

However gnus does not reply to such a field it seems? I searched the
manual but couldn't find it. (t is not overwhelming important though,
but I am curious.

Uwe Brauer

* Re: notification of message via gnus?
@ 2006-05-22 14:35 ` Simon Josefsson
From: Simon Josefsson @ 2006-05-22 14:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

Uwe Brauer <oub@mat.ucm.es> writes:

> Hello
>
> I did not know, up to now,  that gnus inserts a
> Disposition-Notification-To: field
>
> However gnus does not reply to such a field it seems? I searched the
> manual but couldn't find it. (t is not overwhelming important though,
> but I am curious.

Nope, no support for automatic responses, it didn't seem important.
Does anyone need them?

* Re: notification of message via gnus?
@ 2006-05-22 15:08   ` Steven E. Harris
From: Steven E. Harris @ 2006-05-22 15:08 UTC (permalink / raw)

> Does anyone need them?

Need, no, but one could appeal to symmetry. If we can generate the
request and expect others to respond, it seems that we too should have
the ability to optionally meet this expectation.

Having said that, doing so would require maintaining some per-message
state to track whether one had already responded, or perhaps
permanently declined to respond, so as to preclude repeated prompting
each time one views a given message.

Bonus points would go to correlating the incoming responses with the
original outbound message.

--
Steven E. Harris

* Re: notification of message via gnus?
@ 2006-05-23  8:53   ` Uwe Brauer
From: Uwe Brauer @ 2006-05-23  8:53 UTC (permalink / raw)

   Simon> Uwe Brauer <oub@mat.ucm.es> writes:

   Simon> Nope, no support for automatic responses, it didn't seem
   Simon> important. Does anyone need them?

As I said, it is not terrible important, I think that enhancing the
pop3 support is much more important, which reminds me....

Uwe Brauer