From: Dan Christensen <jdc+news@uwo.ca>
Subject: minor bugs with negative article numbers (was: Patch To Fetch Messages From Google)
Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2002 16:26:24 -0400	[thread overview]

Reiner Steib <4uce.02.r.steib@gmx.net> writes:

> ,----[ C-h v gnus-refer-article-method RET ]
> | gnus-refer-article-method's value is shown below.
> |
> | Documentation:
> | Preferred method for fetching an article by Message-ID.
> | [...]
> | It can also be a list of select methods, as well as the special symbol
> | `current', which means to use the current select method.  If it is a
> | list, Gnus will try all the methods in the list until it finds a match.
> | [...]
> | Value:
> | (current
> |  (nntp "localhost")
> |  (nntp "news.gnus.org")
> |  (nntp "news.gmane.org")
> |  (nnweb "google"
> | 	(nnweb-type google)))
> `----

This is a great feature!  While playing with it, here are some
problems I noticed.  I hit ^ to make Gnus find a news article that had
expired from one of my nntp groups.  Gnus used google to bring the
article in, and the article looked fine, except that it had a few
garbage characters at the bottom.  Then I used `B c' to copy the
article to an nnfolder group, and there the article didn't appear
in the summary because it was corrupted:  there is a garbage line
in the second line of the header, and there is garbage at the end.
I've attached the article as it appear in my nnfolder file.

Another minor comment:  Gnus won't let me `!' an article, but it
will let me `d' and `E' it.  Not sure if this inconsistency is
intentional.

And a final comment:  each time I view the article, Gnus downloads
it again from google.  I guess avoiding this would be difficult?

--
Dan Christensen
jdc+news@uwo.ca

[-- Attachment #2: bad-article2 --]

From nobody Wed Apr 10 16:21:43 2002
3d2
From: Jordan Hiller <jhiller@onlinetesting.net>
Newsgroups: rec.climbing
Subject: Re: Climbing in Alberta Canada
Date: Fri, 29 Mar 2002 02:34:28 GMT

I'm in Edmonton and just starting to look for summer outdoor places. A few
decent URLs:

http://www.gripped.com/New/ClimbCanada/alberta/
http://www.worldweb.com/parkscanada-banff/climbing.html
http://www.compusmart.ab.ca/resqdyn/acc/