Dan Christensen writes: > I've managed to increase the speed of summary buffer generation > by about 20% by rewriting gnus-summary-from-or-to-or-newsgroups > (the %n spec). [...] > The changes I made are: > > 1) call mail-header-extra only if needed, and at most once > 2) don't do the string-match more than once > 3) don't call gnus-decode-encode-word-function more than once > 4) use gnus-tmp-from instead of (mail-header-from header) [...] > The bottleneck is probably now in mail-extract-address-components > (what I have gnus-extract-address-components set to). Does someone > want to tackle speeding that up without reducing its accuracy? > > Also, I noticed that removing the %d spec speeds up the generation of > my summary buffers by about 30%! Does anyone want to try speeding up > the corresponding function? I signed and sent in my copyright assignment papers a couple of weeks ago. I've attached the above change as a patch. Could someone apply it? Dan -- Dan Christensen jdc+news@uwo.ca