* A release, perhaps?
@ 2000-04-12  0:46 David Z. Maze
From: David Z. Maze @ 2000-04-12  0:46 UTC (permalink / raw)

Traffic on gnu.emacs.gnus suggests that, if I upgrade to the latest
CVS version of Gnus, all of my problems (at least with
get-posting-charset) will be solved.  I've worked on enough projects
to distrust this; an arbitrary snapshot of something out of CVS is as
likely to work properly as to crash Emacs horribly every time I start
it up.

In the good old days of Gnus 5.6, there would be a Gnus release every
week or two.  Not every release worked, but there was at least a
semblance of quality control.  It'd certainly be nice to be able to
periodically pull down a prerelease version of Gnus that's more
reputable.

Oh yeah, and Gnus 5.8.3 has been "current" for three months.  Can we
get a new release fairly soonishly that fixes some of the problems?

--
David Maze             dmaze@mit.edu          http://www.mit.edu/~dmaze/
	-- Abra Mitchell