* japanese
@ 1997-01-21 14:40 Michael Harnois
From: Michael Harnois @ 1997-01-21 14:40 UTC (permalink / raw)

Can you offer me a clue as to why ISO-2022-JP characters would display
properly in the summary buffer in gnus-5.2.40 but not in rgnus? I'm using
xemacs-20.0-b90, and Steven thought it was because I hadn't byte-recompiled
tm with rgnus in the path, but even after I did that it made no difference.
So now I'm at a loss. In the article buffer, it works fine in both versions,
it's only in the summary buffer that it's a problem.

+  Michael D. Harnois           +  It is easier to make a saint out of   +
+  Pastor, computer nerd,       +  a libertine than out of a prig.       +
+  Linux user, Havanese owner   +                                        +
+  mharnois@sbt.net             +          --Santayana                   +

* japanese
@ 1997-01-14 14:12 Michael Harnois
From: Michael Harnois @ 1997-01-14 14:12 UTC (permalink / raw)

How do I get Tomohiko's name to appear in ISO-2022-JP in the summary
buffer?

I'm running XEmacs-20.0 with mule enabled. It decodes fine in the
article buffer, and when I open the iso-2022 test file that comes with
the XEmacs distribution, that displays as it should ... what am I missing?