On Thursday, 10 May 2018 at 10:15, Steinar Bang wrote: > Here's a possible workaround: use davmail > http://davmail.sourceforge.net So, I finally found time to play with this. Essentially worked out of the box (debian apt install and default server configuration) but I must admit that I stressed tested it as my exchange inbox has >1/2 million emails... davmail was essentially unusable until I set the limit on how many messages to fetch in each folder: davmail.folderSizeLimit=1000 and now it works very well. I haven't played around with what is a reasonable value for this setting nor what impact it has on other aspects of use. In any case, searching is faster with davmail which was my main motivation. So, thank you for this suggestion. -- Eric S Fraga via Emacs 27.0.50 & org 9.1.6 on Debian buster/sid