On Thursday, 28 Dec 2017 at 04:04, Emanuel Berg wrote: [...] > From what I can understand from the manual > entry, yanked last in this posts, the overview > files are generated by Gnus only for nnml; for > NNTP, the server makes them, so I suppose > additions are communicated and > appended locally. > > If so, deleting a file will help but eventually > it will grow back to size. Well, I deleted the .overview file and I was able to enter the group and read the posts in it. Memory usage went up only marginally. Simple enough to make a cron script or equivalent that deletes .overview files that get too large, I guess. I did first try setting nntp-nov-is-evil to t but this seemed to make little difference. Thanks for your help. -- Eric S Fraga via Emacs 27.0.50, org 9.1.5