From: Eric Abrahamsen <eric@ericabrahamsen.net>
To: ding@gnus.org
Subject: Re: gnus nnmaildir and notmuch
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2017 08:48:38 -0700	[thread overview]

Erik Colson <eco@ecocode.net> writes:

>> So this is more of a enhancement request for nnir.
>
> And I should definitely RTFM
>
> "The nnir group made in this way is an ephemeral group, and some changes
> are not permanent: aside from reading, moving, and deleting, you can’t
> act on the original article. But there is an alternative: you can warp
> (i.e., jump) to the original group for the article on the current line
> with A W, aka gnus-warp-to-article. Even better, the function
> gnus-summary-refer-thread, bound by default in summary buffers to A T,
> will first warp to the original group before it works its magic and
> includes all the articles in the thread. From here you can read, move
> and delete articles, but also copy them, alter article marks,
> whatever. Go nuts."
>
> It kinda makes the notmuch search engine loose its purpose, but at least
> it is documented :)

No, I think this is supposed to work -- at any rate, there is code in
nnir for handling this. I'll try to take a look later.

Actually there are two issues: do the marks propagate to the backend,
and when they do, does the nnir group update its display correctly? My
understanding had been that you were having the latter problem, but
perhaps it's all connected.

Eric