On 8 Dec 2014, pfd@pfdstudio.com wrote: > Also, when I delete/expire a message, mutt automatically displays the > next unread message in the folder. Gnus requires another > keystroke. (Not a big deal, but annoying.) So set the groups to either auto-expire or total-expire and use the spacebar to read your mail. https://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/manual/html_node/gnus/Expiring-Mail.html > I have not managed to get gnus to display previously read messages in > a thread automatically, though I've messed around with (setq > gnus-fetch-old-headers t). I gather this is inconsistent on IMAP > servers, and slow. Set the variable "gnus-build-sparse-threads" https://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/manual/html_node/gnus/Filling-In-Threads.html Charles -- "Linux: the operating system with a CLUE... Command Line User Environment". (seen in a posting in comp.software.testing)