* how to set multiple smtp providers?
@ 2014-08-06  6:52 jenia.ivlev
From: jenia.ivlev @ 2014-08-06  6:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Hello:

I have the following in .gnus.el:

    (setq gnus-select-method
      '(nnimap "gmail"
	   (nnimap-address "imap.gmail.com")
	   (nnimap-server-port 993)
	   (nnimap-stream ssl)))

    (setq message-send-mail-function 'smtpmail-send-it
    ...)

    (setq gnus-secondary-select-methods '((nntp "news.gmane.org") '(nntp
    "news.eternal-september.org")))

However, it doesnt work properly. When I run `M-x gnus` it tells me:
Cannot open load file: quote.

This happens after I'm asked for my credentials, after I can see, in the
minibuffer, the inbox and all the other folders being loaded.

To avoid the error, I need to remove that last line run gnus, do `M-x load-file
.gnus.el` and the run gnus again.

How can I fix that? How can I have my gmail and the gmane server
connected to?

Thanks in advance.
jenia

* Re: how to set multiple smtp providers?
@ 2014-08-07 23:43 ` Vincent Bernat
From: Vincent Bernat @ 2014-08-07 23:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: jenia.ivlev; +Cc: ding

 ❦  6 août 2014 02:52 -0400, jenia.ivlev@gmail.com (jenia.ivlev) :

> I have the following in .gnus.el:
>
>     (setq gnus-select-method
>       '(nnimap "gmail"
> 	   (nnimap-address "imap.gmail.com")
> 	   (nnimap-server-port 993)
> 	   (nnimap-stream ssl)))
>
>     (setq message-send-mail-function 'smtpmail-send-it
>     ...)
>

>     (setq gnus-secondary-select-methods '((nntp "news.gmane.org") '(nntp
>     "news.eternal-september.org")))
>
> However, it doesnt work properly. When I run `M-x gnus` it tells me:
> Cannot open load file: quote.
>
> This happens after I'm asked for my credentials, after I can see, in the
> minibuffer, the inbox and all the other folders being loaded.
>
> To avoid the error, I need to remove that last line run gnus, do `M-x load-file
> .gnus.el` and the run gnus again.
>
> How can I fix that? How can I have my gmail and the gmane server
> connected to?

Use toggle-debug-on-error before using M-x gnus to see what's the
problem is.

How is it related with multiple SMTP providers?
--
panic("floppy: Port bolixed.");
	2.2.16 /usr/src/linux/include/asm-sparc/floppy.h

* Re: how to set multiple smtp providers?
@ 2014-08-08  1:56 ` Eric Abrahamsen
From: Eric Abrahamsen @ 2014-08-08  1:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

jenia.ivlev@gmail.com (jenia.ivlev) writes:

> Hello:
>
> I have the following in .gnus.el:
>
>     (setq gnus-select-method
>       '(nnimap "gmail"
> 	   (nnimap-address "imap.gmail.com")
> 	   (nnimap-server-port 993)
> 	   (nnimap-stream ssl)))
>
>     (setq message-send-mail-function 'smtpmail-send-it
>     ...)
>

>     (setq gnus-secondary-select-methods '((nntp "news.gmane.org") '(nntp
>     "news.eternal-september.org")))
>
> However, it doesnt work properly. When I run `M-x gnus` it tells me:
> Cannot open load file: quote.

Perhaps try removing the quote before the eternal-september entry? Even
if that's not the source of the problem, it's still unnecessary.

@ 2014-08-08  2:01   ` Eric Abrahamsen
From: Eric Abrahamsen @ 2014-08-08  2:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

> jenia.ivlev@gmail.com (jenia.ivlev) writes:
>
>> Hello:
>>
>> I have the following in .gnus.el:
>>
>>     (setq gnus-select-method
>>       '(nnimap "gmail"
>> 	   (nnimap-address "imap.gmail.com")
>> 	   (nnimap-server-port 993)
>> 	   (nnimap-stream ssl)))
>>
>>     (setq message-send-mail-function 'smtpmail-send-it
>>     ...)
>>

>>     (setq gnus-secondary-select-methods '((nntp "news.gmane.org") '(nntp
>>     "news.eternal-september.org")))
>>
>> However, it doesnt work properly. When I run `M-x gnus` it tells me:
>> Cannot open load file: quote.
>
> Perhaps try removing the quote before the eternal-september entry? Even
> if that's not the source of the problem, it's still unnecessary.

Oops, looks like I'm several hours too late to the party.

* Re: how to set multiple smtp providers?
@ 2014-08-09 21:42     ` jenia.ivlev
From: jenia.ivlev @ 2014-08-09 21:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

I simply removed the quote '(nntp "new.eternal-september.org").
Thanks a lot.