On Thu, Jan 20 2011, Michael Piotrowski wrote: > The problem is the code after the comment "Remove empty parts" in > `mm-preferred-alternative-precedence'. If I remove this code, it works > as before. > > The messages I'm referring to in my original post are of type > "multipart/alternative", containing a "text/plain" and a > "multipart/mixed" part. The latter part typicalle consists of a > "text/html" part and one or more attachments, e.g., "application/pdf". > When displaying such a message, > > (mm-handle-buffer handle) > > returns the string "multipart/mixed" instead of a buffer, and > `with-current-buffer' then raises the error above. > > Does really nobody else encounter this problem? I encountered it this morning too. The problem come from the commit commit d9418f8743d26df6253803ccb2ff8cdc88e8934f Author: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen Date: Tue Jan 11 20:20:56 2011 +0100 (mm-preferred-alternative-precedence): Discourage showing empty parts. it introduces this regression because it does: #+begin_src emacs-lisp (unless (with-current-buffer (mm-handle-buffer handle) …)) #+end_src Which fails, because some of the handle is not like the other: calling mm-handle-buffer on it returns a string, not a buffer. The handle entry is not in the same format (with buffer in car) that the other. But Lars must know that I think. -- Julien Danjou ❱ http://julien.danjou.info