From: Eric S Fraga <e.fraga@ucl.ac.uk>
To: ding@gnus.org
Subject: Re: Nicely faster startup
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 2010 22:12:54 +0000	[thread overview]

> James Cloos <cloos@jhcloos.com> writes:
>
>> As of my last pull startup times have shrunk nicely.
>
> Nice.
>
>> Down to ~15 minutes to get the replies to the uid fetch flag calls for
>> each imap group, and <1 minute for gnus itself (down from ~12 or so).
>
> But 15 minutes!?  Are you serious?  How many groups is that?

Sorry to jump in to the  middle of this but my startup of gnus on my
netbook is on the order of 5 minutes whereas it's well under a minute on
my desktop.  The processor and memory specs cannot account for this
difference, in my view, but I would like to figure out where the time is
being spent in each case as the configurations are slightly different.
Can you please advise on how to do this?  elp-instrument-package gnus-
doesn't return anything useful for some reason.

Thanks,
eric

--
: Eric S Fraga (GnuPG: 0xC89193D8FFFCF67D) in Emacs 23.2.1 + No Gnus v0.11