* gnus-article-goto-next-page loops if on last article of group
@ 2010-11-12 17:47 jidanni
From: jidanni @ 2010-11-12 17:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

SPC runs the command gnus-article-goto-next-page
Which is normally pleasant, and goes to the next article if we are at
the end of this article. (its docstring should say more about that.)

However if we are at the bottom of the last article of a group,
it just goes back to the top of *this* article!

I say it should just say "no more articles" and not fool one into
reading the last article of the group over and over.

Perhaps note my http://jidanni.org/comp/configuration/.gnus.el settings.

Note I am using gnus with no *Summary* buffer here. It takes up too
much of the screen.

$ apt-show-versions emacs-snapshot
emacs-snapshot/sid uptodate 1:20101030-1

* Re: gnus-article-goto-next-page loops if on last article of group
@ 2010-11-14 16:03 ` Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 2010-11-14 16:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

jidanni@jidanni.org writes:

> SPC runs the command gnus-article-goto-next-page
> Which is normally pleasant, and goes to the next article if we are at
> the end of this article. (its docstring should say more about that.)
>
> However if we are at the bottom of the last article of a group,
> it just goes back to the top of *this* article!

That's not what happens when I do it.  Do you have any configurations
that makes this happen, perhaps?

* Re: gnus-article-goto-next-page loops if on last article of group
@ 2010-11-16  4:34   ` jidanni
From: jidanni @ 2010-11-16  4:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Maybe. http://jidanni.org/comp/configuration/.gnus.el