On Tue, 21 Sep 2010 18:13:56 +0200 Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen wrote: > Stephen Berman writes: > >> I use nnfolder as my mail backend. Sometime since September 9, there >> was a change with the effect that, when I start Gnus, all my mail >> directories in ~/Mail are visited and their buffers are added to the >> buffer list; this does not happen in my September 9 build. > > What's your setup like? Pretty basic, I think: (setq gnus-select-method '(nntp "news.gmane.org")) (setq gnus-secondary-select-methods '((nnfolder "private"))) Plus a number of hooks for displaying, sorting, highlighting, etc. FWIW, my ~/Mail/active file contains 69 group entries. > Could you post the `G E' output from a few of > the nnfolder groups that are activated? Appended below. Steve Berman