G'day. My mail server places some particular demands on the format of Sieve scripts; specifically, it likes to have a comment before each item to show as the "name" of the filter rule in the web interface. Actually trying to hack this into gnus-sieve was surprisingly difficult: the generation process wraps the formatting of each command into the same process that loops the overall map. Attached is a patch that splits this out into two components: one function that loops through newsrc and finds the groups, and another that is responsible for generating the individual Sieve expression for a single group. It also implements the comment-before-content used by my server, although that is reasonably self-contained and optional; if y'all felt like taking the patch without that I would be happy.[1] I have papers for Gnus, and Emacs, on file, although I don't consider the content original enough to warrant them: while it moves a whole bunch of lines, it just moves them. Anyway, whatever. I hope y'all accept it. :) Regards, Daniel Footnotes: [1] Specifically, I could advise the function to inject the comment appropriately without worrying about changes to the overall design later breaking my nasty hacks. :) -- ✣ Daniel Pittman ✉ daniel@rimspace.net ☎ +61 401 155 707 ♽ made with 100 percent post-consumer electrons