* iso-8859-1 charset is not display in the summary buffer,
@ 2007-09-19 10:04 Uwe Brauer
From: Uwe Brauer @ 2007-09-19 10:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Hello

this seems odd, the iso-8859-1 charset is displayed correctly in the
From field.
However in the summary buffer is looks like
=?iso-8859-1?Q?Jos=E9_M
I have set via customise

* Charset: iso-8859-1
The default charset to use in the group.

So  it should work, but it does not.

Anybody has an idea?

thanks

Uwe Brauer

* Re: iso-8859-1 charset is not display in the summary buffer,
@ 2007-09-23 19:38 ` Reiner Steib
From: Reiner Steib @ 2007-09-23 19:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

On Wed, Sep 19 2007, Uwe Brauer wrote:

> this seems odd, the iso-8859-1 charset is displayed correctly in the
> From field.
> However in the summary buffer is looks like
> =?iso-8859-1?Q?Jos=E9_M

In the encoded word, `?=' is missing, so it doesn't seem to be
correct.  Maybe the encoded word in the NOV line (used in the summary)
differs from the one in the article.

> I have set via customise
>
> * Charset: iso-8859-1
> The default charset to use in the group.
>
> So  it should work, but it does not.

Unrelated.

Bye, Reiner.
--
       ,,,
      (o o)

* Re: iso-8859-1 charset is not display in the summary buffer,
@ 2007-09-25  0:36   ` Katsumi Yamaoka
From: Katsumi Yamaoka @ 2007-09-25  0:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

> On Wed, Sep 19 2007, Uwe Brauer wrote:

>> this seems odd, the iso-8859-1 charset is displayed correctly in the
>> From field.
>> However in the summary buffer is looks like
>> =?iso-8859-1?Q?Jos=E9_M

It has been solved in the gnu.emacs.gnus newsgroup, aka.,
info-gnus-english@gnu.org.  The reason the articles I and Uwe
Brauer posted are not in the Gmane server seems to be that
the thread is broken, because the info-gnus-english list server
replaces the Message-IDs when reposting messages from the newsgroup
to the mailing list.

* Re: iso-8859-1 charset is not display in the summary buffer,
@ 2007-09-25  5:07     ` Katsumi Yamaoka
From: Katsumi Yamaoka @ 2007-09-25  5:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

> The reason the articles I and Uwe Brauer posted are not in
> the Gmane server

I meant there are no our articles in:

http://news.gmane.org/group/gmane.emacs.gnus.user/thread=9686/force_load=t

> seems to be that the thread is broken, because
> the info-gnus-english list server replaces the Message-IDs when
> reposting messages from the newsgroup to the mailing list.

The articles in question are orphaned but they are in:

http://news.gmane.org/group/gmane.emacs.gnus.user/thread=9689/force_load=t

For archiving articles, posting to the info-gnus-english@gnu.org
list (or gmane.emacs.gnus.user newsgroup?) might be better than
posting to the gnu.emacs.gnus newsgroup.