[I've sent this message twice, but I still don't see it in gmane or google groups...] michael@cadilhac.name (Michaël Cadilhac) writes: > When using `imap-shell-program' (with a nnimap-stream of 'shell), the > process is created `as is' with start-process. The docstring of > start-process says : > > If you want to separate standard output from standard error, > invoke the command through a shell and redirect one of them > using the shell syntax. > > Well, this is fun, because my distant imapd says the following : > > $ imapd > * PREAUTH Ready. > INFO: LOGIN, user=cadilhac, ip=[127.0.0.1], protocol=IMAP > > Oh, heck. Gnus is searching for PREAUTH on the INFO line, doesn't found > it, and just wait until the end of time to see what's happening next[1]. > > Well, I'm not comfortable with the use of `2> /dev/null' on a package > meant to work on Windows, so I propose this more radical change : I've had a glimpse at Eshell, to see how it handles the 2> construction, and... well... it doesn't. So, I guess we can't do much better than the proposed doc change. Anyone against the commit? (I'll install it in a few days if nobody complains.) -- | Michaël `Micha' Cadilhac | La culture, c'est comme l'amour. | | http://michael.cadilhac.name | Il faut y aller à petits coups au | | JID/MSN: | début pour bien en jouir plus tard. | `---- michael.cadilhac@gmail.com | -- Pierre Desproges - --'