* Need to MIME-process a message after decrypting
@ 2005-07-22 14:17 Kai Großjohann
From: Kai Großjohann @ 2005-07-22 14:17 UTC (permalink / raw)

I have access to a mail server that supports "autopgp".  This is a
feature where you put the string "autopgp" into the subject line and
the mail server automatically encrypts the mail to all recipients.
(This only works for recipients on the same server, obviously.)

An autopgp message arrives as a somewhat strange format.  Here is what

    From: kai.grossjohann@dieneueepoche.com (Kai Großjohann)
    Subject: test autopgp
    To: Kai Großjohann <kai.grossjohann@dieneueepoche.com>
    Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2005 14:02:28 +0200

    Sch=F6ne Umlaute.

As you can see, the encrypted bit contains MIME headers.  How do I get
Gnus to look for and interpret these headers prior to displaying the
message?

Below, please find an excerpt of the message (sans some headers and
with the actual encrypted bits replaced by "x").

tia,
Kai

To: Kai =?iso-8859-15?Q?Gro=DFjohann?= <kai.grossjohann@dieneueepoche.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2005 14:02:28 +0200

-----BEGIN PGP MESSAGE-----
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xXXxx
-----END PGP MESSAGE-----

* Re: Need to MIME-process a message after decrypting
@ 2006-04-14  7:10 ` Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 2006-04-14  7:10 UTC (permalink / raw)

kai@emptydomain.de (Kai Großjohann) writes:

> I have access to a mail server that supports "autopgp".  This is a
> feature where you put the string "autopgp" into the subject line and
> the mail server automatically encrypts the mail to all recipients.
> (This only works for recipients on the same server, obviously.)
>
> An autopgp message arrives as a somewhat strange format.  Here is what
> I get in the article buffer after entering my passphrase:
>
>     From: kai.grossjohann@dieneueepoche.com (Kai Großjohann)
>     Subject: test autopgp
>     To: Kai Großjohann <kai.grossjohann@dieneueepoche.com>
>     Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2005 14:02:28 +0200

>     Sch=F6ne Umlaute.
>
> As you can see, the encrypted bit contains MIME headers.  How do I get
> Gnus to look for and interpret these headers prior to displaying the
> message?

This should work automatically, I'd have thought.  (Although it's been
a long while since I read the PGP code.)

But it's difficult to debug without a real example of some kind...

* Re: Need to MIME-process a message after decrypting
@ 2006-04-18  8:49   ` Simon Josefsson
From: Simon Josefsson @ 2006-04-18  8:49 UTC (permalink / raw)

> kai@emptydomain.de (Kai Großjohann) writes:
>
>> I have access to a mail server that supports "autopgp".  This is a
>> feature where you put the string "autopgp" into the subject line and
>> the mail server automatically encrypts the mail to all recipients.
>> (This only works for recipients on the same server, obviously.)
>>
>> An autopgp message arrives as a somewhat strange format.  Here is what
>> I get in the article buffer after entering my passphrase:
>>
>>     From: kai.grossjohann@dieneueepoche.com (Kai Großjohann)
>>     Subject: test autopgp
>>     To: Kai Großjohann <kai.grossjohann@dieneueepoche.com>
>>     Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2005 14:02:28 +0200

>>     Sch=F6ne Umlaute.
>>
>> As you can see, the encrypted bit contains MIME headers.  How do I get
>> Gnus to look for and interpret these headers prior to displaying the
>> message?
>
> This should work automatically, I'd have thought.  (Although it's been
> a long while since I read the PGP code.)

Having the MIME headers as part of the rfc822 mailbox isn't
supported, and isn't standardized.

Theoretically, it may be dangerous to do as well.  Consider:

,----
| From: foo@bar.com
|
| Context-Type: application/shell-script
|
| rm -rf /
`----

Should rendering that message display:

,----
| Context-Type: application/shell-script
|
| rm -rf /
`----

or a MIME button for an application/shell-script?

> But it's difficult to debug without a real example of some kind...

Yup.