* Setting up nnir
@ 2004-10-06 10:21 Patrice Neff
From: Patrice Neff @ 2004-10-06 10:21 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello,

I'm trying to set up nnir on my machine using namazu. I have a few
problems with that and it would be great if you could help me.

First, groups with spaces in their name don't work at all. The error
returned is "Search produced empty results.".

I then created an index with only one group without any spaces in the
group name. Now searching gives me a buffer called *nntpd* but this
buffer contains the error "412 Use the GROUP command first". The
status line shows "nnheader-parse-head returned nil for article 5 in
group JSC".

For both scenarios, a command line search using namazu works fine.

The relevant part of the config file:
(require 'nnir)
(setq nnir-mail-backend (nth 0 gnus-secondary-select-methods)
      nnir-search-engine 'namazu
      nnir-namazu-index-directory (expand-file-name "~/.mail/index/")
      nnir-namazu-remove-prefix (expand-file-name "~/.mail/"))

Thanks for any help,
Patrice

--
the Holy Scriptures, which are able to make you wise for salvation
through faith in Christ Jesus.                    (2 Timothy 3:15)

* Re: Setting up nnir
@ 2004-10-07 23:49 ` Daniel Pittman
From: Daniel Pittman @ 2004-10-07 23:49 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 6 Oct 2004, Patrice Neff wrote:

[...]

> I then created an index with only one group without any spaces in the
> group name. Now searching gives me a buffer called *nntpd* but this
> buffer contains the error "412 Use the GROUP command first". The
> status line shows "nnheader-parse-head returned nil for article 5 in
> group JSC".

[...]

> (setq nnir-mail-backend (nth 0 gnus-secondary-select-methods)

It sounds suspiciously like `nnir-mail-backend' ended up with some value
other than the required one - your NNTP backend, for example, rather
than the nnml backend serving ~/.mail

Regards,
        Daniel
--
Men will always be mad, and those who think they can
cure them are the maddest of all.