At 2003-04-16T04:32:36Z, Michael Shields writes: >> I'm trying to get Gnus to use per-group values for >> gnus-message-setup-hook (mainly so that I can use the >> mml-secure-message-sign-pgpmime function to sign email, and the >> mml-secure-message-sign-pgp function to sign news). > Why not: > > (add-hook 'gnus-message-setup-hook > (lambda () > (if (message-news-p) > (mml-secure-message-sign-pgp) > (mml-secure-message-sign-pgpmime)))) The reason is that I have some groups where I never sign my email, such as those for my clients who just can't be made to understand that PGP is not a virus (well, in the standard sense :) ). My current setup lets me set a default method of signing, then configure a different method (or no method at all) on a per-topic or per-group basis. -- Kirk Strauser